Sampling Techniques for Soil and Plant Tissue
Please call if you do not see what you need.
Domestic and Wastewater Samples
- Domestic Water: Run tap for several minutes to collect fresh water. Use clean containers.
- Bacteriological (Coliform): Remove the aerator from the spigot, sanitize spigot, run tap for several
minutes, fill sterilized container to the 100 ml line and chill.
- Wastewater: Use clean containers.
- Completely fill bottles unless procedures state otherwise. Do NOT overfill or
partially fill bottles because it will affect the results of the test.
- It is often easiest to complete the information on the bottles before filling them. Be sure to use
an indelible pen.
- Print a Work Request Form, complete and return it with your
- Place samples in cooler with plenty of ice.
- Deliver samples promptly to Dellavalle .
Hold times to remember:
|BOD, NO3-N, NO2-N
|Total Coliform, Fecal Coliform & E. coli, MPN
||15 min |
(impossible, unless done in field); lab within 24 hrs of receipt
If you are unsure of collection procedures, please call Dellavalle.