- Water samples must be kept cold!
- Take a cooler with plenty of ice to the sample location.
- Use appropriate bottles and preservatives.
- Read specific sampling procedures if given to you.
- Using an indelible marker, write date and time sampled on the label and Work Request form. It is very important!
- Complete Work Request Form and include with sample.
- Deliver sample to Dellavalle as soon after sampling as possible Monday through Thursday.
ELAP regulations: We must receive water samples at specific temperatures.
|Bacteriological Samples||Less than or equal to 10°C (50°F)|
|All Other Waters||Less than or equal to 6°C (42.8°F)|
A grace period for temperature is allowed if samples are delivered to laboratory within two hours of collection.